Today we had a two hour PT/OT session and I was physically broken afterwards. Everything hurt. Both David and I helped Zoe through the session and we all got a workout. When I look at this photo of her in September after her surgery but before chemo, I can’t believe how much her muscles have atrophied and how much work and pain it is to move. Knocks the wind out of me.
It will take a great deal of psychological and physical work for Zoe to flatten her feet and put weight on them. To see her walk again will help us remember the old Zoe.
This was Zoe a year ago saying, "Run with me!" She quite literally made us run around the house with her all day. When I needed a break, I would put her in a bubble bath and we would read books together. This could take place at ten in the morning. And then she'd be at it again, "Run! Run!"
Thankfully, the spirit that was in the, "Run! Run!" Zoe is still very much alive in today's Zoe. Tonight, we danced to tobymac's, "Love is in the House". The rap/reggae rhythms get this otherwise immobile child to raise the roof and twitter her head. With music, and her increasingly mobile brother to inspire her, I am sure we will see Zoe walk again...

1 comment:
She's come this far. God is definitely working in her.There's no doubt in my mind she'll be walking again even running in no time. She's an awesome Testimony of how Great God is and what a BEAUTIFUL Miracle she is. Take Care & God Bless you All!!
Post a Comment