John 17:3 was the inspiration for Zoe’s name: "Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent." “Zoe” is Greek for “life”. She is His child and we trust Him with her.
Friday, September 30, 2011
Chemo
It’s my understanding that this Wednesday, after surgery, Zoe will begin her chemotherapy and that it will likely entail being essentially bedridden for 8 hours in a curtained space called an Infusion Room with the other patients and families. We’re loading up her Ipad with new George videos and some speech applications, but I thought I’d ask you (especially those of you who are familiar with such a scenario) for suggestions. I’m looking for specialty food containers so that we can bring lots of food in little amounts so we have a decent variety in not much space. I am also looking for something other than stickers and stuffed animals (we have plenty, thanks!) as quiet distractions. Is there a great website for items that make living out of a backpack easier? Any other suggestions or wisdom? I realize Zoe may just sleep through much of this, so I’m bringing her favorite pillow and little blankie. Maybe it is I who needs the distraction... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment