Friday, September 9, 2011

First Day Home

Day One of living our new life at home. Cam and I awoke while it was still dark and the birds were chirping outside the sunroom where I nurse Cam in the rocking chair. He conveniently fell asleep thereafter, so I was able to scurry about getting ready for our day. Every which way I turned, it was apparent little elves had prepared our home for us. Our fridge was stocked with healthy, convenient, tasty, and homemade foods. Our laundry was lovingly washed and folded. The floors, bathroom, kitchen, everything was sparkling and organized. This made our full day MUCH easier. We were all able to get into the cars and follow David to his office where – it just so happens – Children’s Hospital Boston converted half the building and created a convenient location for Zoe to get her labs drawn every few days until further notice. Zoe, Cam, and I drove home and were visited by a pediatric nurse, a couple of helpful neighbors, and my friend, Becky, who is going to live with us for the next week. We essentially moved back into our own home after having lived in the hospital. Everybody was fed, clothed, and nurtured, with minimal crying in between. We’re closing out the night with Becky singing beautiful, soft Irish songs to my captivated daughter (oh, how I wish I could sing!!). In short, I would call our first day a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment