Thursday, September 8, 2011

General Info/Helping Out

Hello my friends,

I thought I’d send out a general information email for any of you who might visit us and/or help care for Zoe.

Since I have an infant, as well as a currently disabled toddler, I am finding it very difficult to take care of both simultaneously. I can’t ensure Zoe’s physical safety when she’s moving, and I can’t easily lift her, so tub time, feeding in the high chair, getting her into the car, etc, is going to be a challenge, nevermind tending to her when I’m nursing Cam. I’m still recovering from surgery, so I’m not supposed to be lifting anything heavy, and I think Zoe must weigh about 40 pounds now. My friend, Becky, is coming to help me for the next week, and then the Meinens are visiting Sept 25 – Oct 13. That leaves Sept 15 – 25 open if you have time to visit before Zoe starts chemotherapy.

Very Important: Zoe cannot be trusted to maintain balance while walking, nor is she able to use her hands to break her fall, so when she is walking, please be close enough to her to help catch her. If you’re pregnant or holding your own child, we should make sure Zoe is either sitting or that someone else is able to follow her and catch her. We wouldn’t want her to break her nose or hit her head! We’ll have to keep track of the basement door, too, until I get a lock on it so she doesn’t fall down the stairs.

Also very important: We must track every ounce of liquid Zoe drinks, so either don’t feed her anything, or be sure to write the time, amount, and type of liquid on the chart.

Zoe’s on powerful drugs that affect her mood, temperature, energy, etc, so your grace, patience, and gentleness are much needed. Her mother is on post-partum hormones, so she, too, needs your grace. :)

We’re still at the hospital, but the nurse ensures us that we really are going home tonight. I love you all and hope to see you soon.

Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment